Mitre crash back down to earth following Liver Vaults defeat

Ship and Mitre B lost their first match in three games after a 7-2 defeat at home to Liver Vaults.

Hywel Jones was first up and he couldn’t quite get the ball rolling as he did in the Ship and Mitre derby a fortnight ago as six darts missed at the opening double cost him in the end as he lost in the game with his opponent in the madhouse.


It was not the start that B were looking for and it soon got worse as Ged Lofthouse came up against Jamie Holebrook. Just like Evans before him, Lofthouse missed six darts at a starting double, although he did recover well to get down to a finish, Holebrook was able to take out 11 for a 2-0 lead.

Mitre needed to stop the dive quickly and Steve Dobby was next up taking on Robert Tipper. Steady and consistent scoring followed by a 54 checkout won the game for Dobby and got B back into the match.

It was then up to Chris Ruddy to keep the momentum going as he took on Suzanne Clarke but a brilliant 65 set Clarke up on D10 which she took with the first dart and Liver Vaults had their two leg lead back.

It was then the turn of Mike Coates, playing in his final game for the Ship and Mitre due to work commitments, as he took on Matty Allan. Despite some brilliant scores to get down to a finish, he couldn’t quite take out his final double. Allan was able to take out 46 on D13 and D10.


Chris Lamb was then charged with the duty of keeping the game alive for Mitre as he took on Joey Lynch. Despite a good start, he couldn’t find his finishing double and ended up on 3, leaving Lynch to take the game on D4 and the win was confirmed for the Kensington pub.

They really turned on the style in the next game as Gareth Thompson managed to beat Rob Warbrick in 14 darts. He started with a 60 and then 100, finishing on 54 to make it 6-1.

Captain Peter Mylchreest was able to add a little more respectability to the score line as he was able to beat Les Chapman. A 12o that was very nearly a 180 set him on the way and he finished on D8.

Tommy Rooke then compiled Mitre’s misery as he beat Steven Hughes in the final game. In what was a slow start to the game, Hughes messed around with his finishing double leaving Rooke to go out on two D13s.

It means Mitre have been brought right back down to earth following their three game winning streak. They have a week off next week for the pairs tournament but are back in action the following for the double bill at The Glasshouse, Vauxhall.


6 thoughts on “Mitre crash back down to earth following Liver Vaults defeat

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s